Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Kitchenaid Superba refrigerator has been making an

Customer Question
Our Kitchenaid Superba refrigerator...

Our Kitchenaid Superba refrigerator has been making an annoying chirping sound. The temperature display inside the refrigerator is blinking along with the chirps. Not sure if it's an electrical problem or a refrigerator problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model #KSCS25INSS01. It's about 12 yrs. old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's fixable.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/7/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

May I have your first name so we chat one on one?

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

At the conclusion of our chat, if you are satisfied, I will ask that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it, so you do not have to start over with another technician.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Thanks

Have you been able to narrow down the location of the squeak, freezer section, food section?

Hi Don, My name is***** can't tell where the chirping is coming from. It's almost like the power is flickering a bit, because it sounds like the motor or fan shuts down for a split second when the chirping happens. And then it comes right back again.
The power comes right back, I mean.

Hi Lauren,

It sounds like you might have a problem with the computer board, but a chirping sound many times comes from the freezer fan motor.

How often does the sound come on?

It was happening frequently...every few seconds. But I just changed the water filter and I don't think it's chirping anymore. Want to give it some time and see if it starts up again.

I don"t think the filter would cause any sound as there are no electrical connection to it that would trigger a sound. If the sound comes back, open the freezer door and see if the sound stops or if it doesnt, listen to see if the sound is coming from the back panel.