Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Samsung refrigerator, model RF28HMEDBWW, has stopped…

Our Samsung refrigerator, model...

Our Samsung refrigerator, model RF28HMEDBWW, has stopped making ice. For several months, it would freeze up, and I had to thaw it out, then it would be ok for a while. I believe there is a valve leaking water, allowing ice to form where it blocks the mechanism. We have been gone through the winter, and now the ice maker won't work. I shut the ice maker off while we were gone.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was mfg'd in Dec, 2014. We purchased it in Aug. 2015. Model RF28HMEDBWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Noone in town works on them

4/6/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

It is common on these for the water valve to seep and block the fill tube. Have you checked it again to see if it is frozen up?

It apparently is, but Don't know how to thaw it out

Without total disassembly, you will just need to unplug for 24 hours with the door open. Otherwise, you will need to take it apart to do it manually, which I would not recommend.

• How is the water pressure at the door dispenser?
It seems ok

If the water pressure at the door is okay, then I would thaw the ice maker fill tube and replace the water valve. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The water inlet valve is mounted in the water filter case. The attached pages show how to remove the case to replace the valve.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

b56cc636-fb0f-43c2-9244-...jpgb56cc63...jpg2787be47-e840-45f1-bcd0-...jpg2787be4...jpg169f2c28-09a5-4698-b19d-...jpg169f2c2...jpg
Kelly, Appliance Technician