Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What is the rubber or plastic thing on the bottom of the…

What is the rubber...

What is the rubber or plastic thing on the bottom of the refrigerator. We have a new fridge with something almost hanging on the floor. Is there a problem with it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's brand new from Pacific Sales. Just being installed. Waiting to hook up the water line. Model number is ***** Side by side French doors with freezer on the bottom. Cabinet depth.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do we need to worry about whatever is on the bottom of the refrigerator?

4/6/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

That is a divider that directs air flow , It needs to be there , and the closer to the floor the better .

It normally is approx 1/4 inch off the floor.

But if it was moved with a hand truck it could have gotten hit .

Master Tech