Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung refrigerator / freezer model number RFG295AARS HAS

Customer Question

Samsung refrigerator / freezer model number RFG295AARS HAS gone into demo mode displaying OF
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 7-8 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I know there is a sequence where you press two certain buttons for 7 seconds but can’t find which ones on my model
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes my panel are buttons. 3 on each side above ice maker . Left side top to bottom is energy saver freezer, alarm. On the right sid are the buttons lighting, Fridge, ice off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

You are correct, the unit is just in demo mode. you should just need to press and hold the ENERGY SAVER and FREEZER buttons together at the same time for 5 seconds and that should remove demo mode. If that doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator and try again. If it still doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the front display board because it has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.