Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Bosc diswasher is filled with water. What should we do.

Our Bosc diswasher is filled with water. What should we do
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosc shu43C 10 years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We would like to try. Wee have taken out the filter and screen.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. Thanks for your help.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Based on your information you've given, I'm not quite sure what you're stating the problem is with your dishwasher. Can you please explain what the dishwasher is doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ran dishwasher, unloaded, was going to reload but noticed filthy water to top of basin. Scooped it all out, took out filter and tray, nothing stuck. Can’t get screws off to check next bit, don’t seem to be flat head, Phillips or Alan wrenches
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried rerunning empty, water slowly dripping from bottom front door
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are u still There?

yes, You just responded just 2 minutes ago...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, usually get some acknowledgement not sure if disconnected

Sorry it just takes time to look up your model and such

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We’d like our money refunded ($24), the two minute call was a compete waste of time, told we need a special tool, so zero help. Even worse, called Bosch this morning and the issue was a simple reset needed, pushed two buttons on the front and issue was solved - we weren’t even asked too try that, would have fixed the issue last gift.Please send confirmation of the $24 refund
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
btw, you customer service 800 number “does not exist” anymore when called