Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My frig compartment is holding water and freezing. Samsung…

My frig compartment is...

My frig compartment is holding water and freezing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Samsung RF265ABBP 3 DOOR, DRAWER FREEZER

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will take it as far as I can. Have already cleaned the coil and defrosted

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Trying to locate the drain hole in the compartment .hecked the drain to the pan

4/6/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

This is a design flaw and Samsung has come up with a kit where a drain probe goes down the drain hole and attaches to the heater so that it transfers heat into the drain hole and the drain hole doesn't freeze over. Of course Samsung won't take responsibility or recall the unit for this issue but the part number you'll need to install is da61-06796a for this unit. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Don't know how to rate the info until I try what you have said. Sounds and looks good though. I'll do 4 until I prove your thoughts.