Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch diswasher isn't draining. I checked p trap-all

My Bosch diswasher isn't draining. I checked p trap-all clear. Don't have a disposal and unclamped the flex hose from dw to above p trap. All seemed ok. DW purchased around 2002
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3322 is number on door
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how involved a fix is it?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Removed dome. propeller rotated. Removed a small food particle and removed the black plastic disc inserted in slot. All ok.
Will run a cycle and see if there is a change. How do I uninstall the unit if I need to check or replace drain hose?

Every install is customer so I can't tell you how to uninstall it for certain. There are either screws going through the side trim of the tub or up through the countertop in front of the dishwasher front frame. you need to unscrew those and then disconnect the drain hose and water line below the sink. Hopefully it pulls out. If not you may have to turn power off and remove the kick panel and disconnect the power line or lower the feet or something like that.