Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire is cold in the freezer area but running at…

My Frigidaire is cold...

My Frigidaire is cold in the freezer area but running at about 70 degrees f in the fridge itself. No matter how high I turn the knob this temp remain s consistent. What can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model241543966. About 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. Nay if it is very simple. Otherwise I need a technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine until 2 days ago. I am in Costa Rica

4/5/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Frigidaire is no recognizing the number of###-##-####as a good model number.

GLRT83tESA model number
I am in San Jose Costa rica

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

If you open the freezer door do you see any frost or ice on the rear interior freezer wall panel ?

And can you hear the Freezer Evaporator fan running ?

The only thing that cools the lower fresh food section is cold air FROM the freezer being blown down into the fresh food section .

Fan running .no ice on rear wall. Some ice in grooves in icemaker

ok so no ice or frost on the rear interior wall panel of freezer,

Can you pull the unit out away from the wall and get behind it and remove the rear lower inspection cover?

I need you to verify that the Condenser fan under the unit is running ?

Will do

great !

And is the freezer keeping items frozen properly?

And have you ever cleaned the Condenser coil under the unit ?

Condenser fan running. Have never cleaned the condenser oil. Where is it?

Condenser coil is the black finned coil, under the unit you can vacuum it from the front and from the rear .

If it is real dirty that may be your issue, But if it is not dirty I then have to suspect that you have a sealed refrigerations issue .

Not dirty, but I cleaned what was there. What is a sealed refrigeration’s issue?

the sealed refrigeration system is what the refrigerant / Freon flows thru .

it the compressor is running but not pumping properly or if the unit has a refrigerant leak it will not cool properly .

Freezer has been working properly. Refrigerator is running at about 60-70 degrees no matter how I set it
Just happened 3 days ago

correct I understand that but the fresh food section is the first to show signs of not cooling since it`s temperatures are warmer than the freezers and the freezer is more compact and better insulated also

I have to get somewhere out here to do that repair?

Yes that is not something the average home owner has the tools or the components to work on .

That will require a refrigeration specialist .

OK. Thanks for your help

No problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.
Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech