Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung rf261begeww- that will not produce ice. I

Customer Question

I have a Samsung rf261begeww- that will not produce ice. I recently had an reverse osmosis hooked up to my frig.. Do I need a by-pass cartridge?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 yrs- not sure of the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do I need to get the model or can you tell from the serial # provided?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

There is no bypass needed on this refrigerator. Just remove the filter and the filter receptacle is designed to bypass the filter once the filter has been removed. As for having a reverse osmosis system in line with the refrigerator, the filter on the refrigerator does need to be removed or it'll restrict the water flow too much. That will cause the fill tube behind the icemaker to freeze up because the water is coming into the icemaker too slowly. Use a hair dryer and point it at the fill tube inside the icemaker to thaw it out, or unplug the refrigerator and remove all the food from the refrigerator and freezer for 24 hours and it'll thaw out on it's own so that the tube un-freezes and the icemaker will function again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.