Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung side by side and it has been working fine.

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung side by side and it has been working fine. Last night it started alarming and it was the door open alarm when doors were shut. At this same time the temp on the fridge was hotter than setpoint. Unplugged it and then plugged it back in and you could hear the fan in fridge come on then shutoff shortly after. Also, freezer temp went from 0 to 19 for some reason but is coming back down. When I press the door switch with the door open light goes off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

14 yrs old Model # PLHS67EGSB1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No ma'am

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. Is there any error codes flashing?

No
Right now it is showing 52 deg. Set point is at 33. Freezer is at set point which is 0.
I just unplugged it and left it off for about a minute. Plugged it back in and I could hear something like a fan running in the refrigerator for about 15 seconds then it shuts off. I can feel air moving through the vent even after the noise stops. You believe that to be the control board and not the fan going out?
I beeping again with the doors closed.
It’s

yes

I ordered the control board.

ok let me know how things go

Ok. Thanks.
Ray, I changed the control board and still have the same issue.
Replace the temperature thermistor sensor that is on the evaporator coil. It is weak
I think it may be something with the door. Every now and then it starts beeping like the door open alarm even though the door is closed. It appears that the refrigerator door may be a little lower than the freezer. I can’t see how to adjust though. The temperature will come down and seem to be controlling then it doesn’t.
Look in your door despense to if the ice shoot flap is shut and not getting air into freezer
Never thought about that. I will check when I get home. Thanks.
Let me know. Usually things in the freezer will have frost on them because of the air getting in there
I have been checking the freezer and it looks fine. No frost. I did open the freezer door when it was alarming and could see the the light was on in the fridge. Lifted up on the door slightly and it went off.
If the light stays on in there it acts like a heater and the freezer will suck it in also. I’ll see if I can find a video to send you to show how to adjust the door
Is the door switch working ok when yiu press and release it by hand?
https://youtu.be/zGlzl-VFIa4
Thanks. I was wondering how. I couldn’t find an adjustment.
Let me know how you make out
No door adjustment on this model. Found the manual from when I bought it. I do believe it is the door switch. When it alarms it beeps five times which is the door ajar alarm. When it does it, I can open the freezer door and then barely lift the gasket on the fridge door and the light is on. I guess the heat from the light bulb could cause the temp to rise?
I added a shim to the door switch and the light goes off now when the door is about a 1/2” from closing.

Awesome!!! I never seen one that you cant adjust.. I come across some weird stuff... let me know it is works much better now