Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Embarassing fell on open DW.) 2 Q's: a) what plastic is used…

Customer Question
Embarassing fell on open...

Embarassing fell on open DW.) 2 Q's: a) what plastic is used for upper (Bosch) DW trays? Or what adhesive is best Need to reattach plastic roller mount that broke off tray. b) Slide rollers are spot-welded to cabinet. Two are bent. Cautions/hints on pushing back into place? Or just go fot it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years, SHE65T55UC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That should do it. (I'm a very experienced DIY engineer ;) )

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/4/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you..Are you talking about the rails that the basket rollers roll in?

For question a there are no rails involved. The upper tray is solid plastic. The rollers are mounted on "squeezable" plastic posts, the same material as the tray. I want to know what plastic this is made of and/or what adhesive is best used to reattach the broken posts.For question part b, I'm not talking about the rails, I'm talking about the rollers that the upper and middle basket rails are mounted on. The rails run on rollers that are mounted permanently on metal posts attached to metal plates spot-welded to the sides of the cabinet. Two of those plates are bent enough so the rollers are no longer square and make it hard for the rails to slide.
As I said, my question on (b) is whether there are any cautions/hints on pushing those sidemounted rollers back into place on their spot-welded mounts.
I solved part (b) on my own. I carefully used a rubber mallet to nudge the rollers back into place.
We're now down to part (a). Clearly you guys don't have an answer. I'll find it on my own.Thanks anyway.
I answered part (a) on my own now.
1) Loctite/superglue has NO product suitable for use in a dishwasher, even though some of theirs and other products are "dishwasher safe." They have explicitly advised that subjecting to the heat and water of dishwasher cycles is beyond their ability.
2) On the other hand, JB Weld Epoxies are specifically rated for such extremes. I'm done.No answer needed anymore.