Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung Microwave combination oven, and the

Hi. I have a Samsung Microwave combination oven, and the microwave just stopped heating. nq70m7770ds
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Samsung nq70m7770ds
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends on how hard it is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It appears to function and makes noise but nothing heats. I stopped this morning mid frozen meal.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.

No problem. If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $100 so depending on the condition of the microwave and whether you can fix it yourself or not, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it. Also, it will require you to un-install the entire microwave and remove the outer shell in order to access the magnetron for replacement so if you called a technician out it would be another $150-200 for trip and labor. Below is a link to the magnetron you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Tyler. I really appreciate the information. It's a combination wall unit so it definitely won't be cheaper to replace the microwave. Just knowing the part and how much a repair will cost is extremely valuable. Thank you again!

No problem and I wish you only the best. I'm sorry about the bad news however.