Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We recently had a small flood in the kitchen which affected…

Customer Question
We recently had a...

We recently had a small flood in the kitchen which affected our dishwasher. Now the dishwasher is stuck on an LC reading. It detected a leak. There were a few small wet places under the dishwasher. The water valve blew under the sink and caused the damage. Would like to know how to reset the dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Samsung dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: What Samsung product do you have?

Model number W80K50UW.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?

Nothing.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

LC means there is water in the base of the dishwasher. You'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward to drain all the water out. Once the water is drained out. You can re-install the dishwasher and the error should go away. You can also just give it a week or two and the water will evaporate and the dishwasher should start working like normal again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

What do mean by the base? There is no water in the bottom inside.

Yes the base, below the tub.