Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model # WZF79R18DMOO serial # U53801428 Located in a home…

Customer Question
Model # WZF79R18DMOO serial...

Model # WZF79R18DMOO serial # U53801428 Located in a home economics class room. All appliances in the classroom were bought brand new for this remodel. These are all branded Whirlpool. The power supply is functional @120 VAC current is not an issue, in the two failures the GFCI has never tripped. The box is on it's own GFCI with no other load. Failures happen during summer break or other school closures so the building use is down to very few people.The location has been remodeled in the last 2 years with 3 other freezers same brand and type (model specific same) This does not include the refer's that have never failed. Heat load is about 2/3 -3/4 full and the air flow is not blocked. Does Whirlpool have a service flash regarding phantom or unexplained failures related to the electronic controls or thermistor. After the 2nd failure the school has placed the unit in storage and has not tried to use or even approach a possible warranty issue. I currently do not have a temp scribe to record run and defrost times. There is only a few things involved the can, defrost circuit, evaporator fan, electronic controls. The operator states the door was closed every time with food not opening the door due to shifting. We have also tested another power supply just in case. I have been told by the operator about 8 months pass between each event before unit being relegated to the storage room.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The info you seek is in the first line of the message

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have been doing this work since 1981 and was trained by Whirlpool and Sears, my EPA card # for type I &II 1218 issued by Sears January26,1994

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not to my knowledge except a phone # 1-***-***-**** Tracy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Well the manufacture would have or will not cover it under the manufacturer's warranty due to it is not used in a residential setting . .

What is the unit actually doing when it fails ?

and if the unit just turns off on it`s own without anyone touching it .

Then yes Whirlpool has a Service Pointer on that very issue .

Potential Cause: Under varying circumstances it is possible that electrical noise between the alarm buzzer and cabinet harness may cause the unit to turn off.

Correction: Order and install Service Kit W10846247 using instructions in kit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .