Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE washer stuck on add a garment. Have never used that

Customer Question
GE washer stuck on...

GE washer stuck on add a garment. Have never used that button. Any advice. Thanks, Wayne

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No more than 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not unless it is easy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just found the age. It is less than 3 years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. Try unplugging it for ten minutes and see if that clears it up and let me know.. Could you please give me the model number of the machine so I can look up it's information? thanks

Model # isGFWS1700H1WW.
Thanks for getting back to me. Actually I already did the unplug and wait 10 minutes. It didn't seem to help. When we tried it again the same light came on and it didn't seem to be proceeding. But, out of frustration, I walked away and researched the web and found you. Then, while I was gone, it started running and proceeded to finish the load.
Any advice about future events? Is this a sign that something is going wrong? And if so is there an easy fix or is it repair man time, or new machine time?
Thanks again for your help and advice.