Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a cabrio washer .has ben in storage, when hooking up…

Customer Question
I have a cabrio...

I have a cabrio washer .has ben in storage, when hooking up .I only used one line(cold) when filling water leaks out of left side on back has you are facing the machine .it starts to fill and than panel flashes than shuts off. getting f40 error.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool cabrio 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked the hoses for leaks and found none the machine had ben used with real hard water containg lime. I don't have a hot water line

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You need to get a Y-connection to split the cold water so it goes to both the hot and cold water inlet settings. If something isn't hooked up to the hot water receptacle, the inlet water will backflow and cause a leak. Just put a Y-connection on the end of your hose and connect cold water to both receptacles and you'll be good to go again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.