Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a side by side that is over 20 years old. Suddenly…

Customer Question
I have a side...

I have a side by side that is over 20 years old. Suddenly all liquids and foods on the refrigerator side are freezing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool I think it is ED250FXHB81. 21 to 22 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the cause is and how easy a fix it will be. LOL

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, that is the problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is only 1 thing that can cause the refrigerator to be too cold, many things that can cause the unit to warm up. If you have adjusted the dial on the control panel and made the refrigerator warmer but it won't warm up, your cold control thermostat behind that knob which you move to adjust the refrigerator temperature has failed. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace. It's about $70 or so.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.