Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I recently purchased an older home with all Jena-aire

Customer Question
I recently purchased an...

I recently purchased an older home with all Jena-aire appliances. The only concern I have is that the oven, purchased in 2005, has never been cleaned!!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Is it safe to try and clean it? If so how would I go about doing that safely?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, all the other appliances are immaculate and work perfectly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes just run a self clean cycle on the unit to clean it, it should have that feature. After it is done make sure it is cooled down all the way and then wipe out the small ash inside of it.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The stove is from 2005! Is it safe to do a regular oven cleaning?

Yes of course it will work and be just fine.