Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fridgidaire gas stove. getting an F31 message when…

Customer Question
I have a Fridgidaire...

I have a Fridgidaire gas stove. getting an F31 message when I attempt to use the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its a 4-burner top I don't know the model, I'm renting. is there an easy way to fine the model number? I have no booklet...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, this just happened after small ceramic jar fell on the top

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Here is a YouTube video that will help you find the model number .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjpLtMU-Zk

can't you just tell me? I'm in a panic, having folks over in 10 minutes and its taken me 30 minutes to navigate
no. I just paid $$ to get an answer.

all appliance info is looked up via the models number .

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

ok let me see if i can find the # please stand by...

The most common F31 error code in frigidaire ranges is ,,The F31 error code means that the control board detects the oven temperature probe circuit is shorted. If the sensor tests good, then you could have a bad control board or a short in the wiring.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

hahahaaaa I don't
model #: FFGF3013LBD
SERIAL#: VF11140921

Ok so if you can not test the temp sensor , do you just want the part info to just replace it then ?

The oven temp sensor is less then $30.00 I can send you the parts link if you need it .

And if your getting this error code it is unlikely that you will have an oven to use until you repair the issue.

Did I lose you?

No, I'm here. As mentioned before, I'm in a rental. Not sure if the owner is going to fix or if its my responsibility. It should be hers. I'll contact her, tell her of this conversation and go from there? Whats the best way to revisit this and are the parts more favorably priced if I get them from you?

to continue this conversation just copy the question URL and save it to your favorites .

And I nor this website sell parts all I will do is just send you a link for the part and you would order them from the link parts dealer that I send you the link to .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me