Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Frigidaire refrigerator that I have checked the

Customer Question
Have a Frigidaire...

Have a Frigidaire refrigerator that I have checked the defrost heater is good have replaced the defrost thermostat with new still will not go into defrost app on Internet there is no defrost timer standalone there is a main power board under bottom of refrigerator that I was told needed replaced ordered new board new board will not power up refrigerator was told possibly have to replace second board that is not compatible with new replacement board behind controls on door any clue will give you model numbers now Frigidaire gallery Model number LGHS2644KMO

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model number LGHS2644KMO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not defrosting replaced main power board will not power back up check board was right replacement bought new replacement board again still will not power back up any clue

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, everything you've done is the correct order. If the heater and defrost thermostat check good, that is a problem with the main control board under the refrigerator which controls the defrost. The part number you would need is(###) ###-####(hopefully that is what you have ordered). If you have replaced that twice now and the unit is dead, then unfortunately the display board also needs to be replaced. The display board is part number###-##-#### I wish I had better news for you, but sometimes Frigidaire doesn't follow their updates close enough to know it's not comptible with an old style board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Is that board part number you gave me for the Existing board or is it a new board that will be compatible to the other new board and yes that is the right part number I ordered for the main control board so is that is the number I need to look for to replace that other board?
is the main power board for your model.

If the unit won't turn on and you installed that part, then you'd need part number###-##-####

On the off chance the parts lookups are wrong, the other main power board for this model is(###) ###-#### but that for a different serial break than yours. Possibly Frigidaire mixed it up in documentation but there is no way to know unless you try to install it.