Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire stove M/n cfef372es2 my wife did a self…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire stove M/n cfef372es2 my wife did a self clean cycle with it this morning now it wouldn't stop beeping and shows a message of f90

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It says 2006 on the tag and model number on tag is CFEF372ES2 and S/N is NF62722274

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if something simple

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The only other thing is the door locked light is flashing, so I have unplugged it to stop beeping

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Okay

F90 means that your door latch isn't working properly and won't unlock or at least the oven thinks it's not unlocking even if it is. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. When you turn the circuit breaker on go inside and push on the door and hold it for a minute or two in case it's rubbing on the door latch not letting it release. If that doesn't work, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly. The part number for the latch is###-##-####if you need it.

Now I do want to also add that you may need something stronger than a coat hanger to manually open the door. If you have an "L-shaped" tool like a cotter pin puller or allen wrench, that might give you the added strength to be able to pull on the latch and release it.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

It wouldn't let me turn on the self clean now

OK that's because of the lock issue so if it won't let you, then just ignore that step and reset power and push in on the door. If that won't allow the latch to reset you'd need to manually unlock it with a coat hanger or something like that as described before.

I tried shutting off power and restart and pushing on door and still doing the same

OK then as I've said 2 times already, if that won't allow the latch to reset you'd need to manually unlock it with a coat hanger or something like that as described before.