Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag Bravos stopped working after power in house went…

Customer Question
My Maytag Bravos stopped...

My Maytag Bravos stopped working after power in house went out then back on again. There is power going into the box it is plugged into as confirmed by the electrician I called. The dryer is plugged into the same box and works fine. What can I do? is there a reset button?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 years old this month. Model # is MVWB750WQO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not unless it is a simple job.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything. It was working fine until then.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I’m wondering if this is a racket or if there is help behind all this.

This is not a racket, sorry for the delay. I was just typing and looking up your model and suck. There are no fuses on this washer I'm sorry to say. That means that if the washer won't even light up and you're sure it's getting power, the main power relay control board has shorted and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model. The board is located under the control panel in the back right corner.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.