Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The power went off while my washer was running and now it…

Customer Question
The power went off...

The power went off while my washer was running and now it wont come back on and the door is locked

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Maxima XL it is about 4-yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably If I can

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition and let me know.

No

Is the pump running? THe unit will not open the lid if the pump is running also is the outlet good and not tripped?

No. Nothing is running it wont come on at all

Try a different outlet then remove the rear panel behind the control consoel and see if the green light is on the board it should be lit. If not the board burned out and will need to be replaced.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.