Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is not working and is displaying an E6. what…

Customer Question
My dishwasher is not...

My dishwasher is not working and is displaying an E6. what does that mean

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Model DW60CEW1 and I can't find the instruction booklet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is really simple like a blockage of the drain but if it needs parts etc i will need someone to fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does E6 mean

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

The code E6 is for the flood switch

Pull the appliance out, tip it back about 45 degrees and see if water runs out of the base.

If it does, drain the base (under where the tub) completely and the anti flood should reset.

If there is an aquastop device on your fill hose, after draining the base, turn off the water supply, disconnect the aquastop device and allow it to de-pressurize. Connect it back up and try again.

If it happens again, you'll need to check for a leak.

The normal cause is over foaming, using multifunction tablets and rinse aid, or just spilling rinse aid.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.