Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE front load washer model # WSSH300GOWW. I was told

Customer Question
GE front load...

GE front load washer model # WSSH300GOWW. I was told Frigidaire made this unit. ( maybe for Sears?). I can feel some water leaking under the door, which was slanted since purchase. Anyway, the unit will rinse, then stop. The Door Lock, Wash, and Rinse lights stay on. But the Final Spin light doesn’t. After a few minutes, all lights turn off except for the Door Lock light. When I move the Cycles dial to Spin from Regular, I can hear each tone except for the Spin tone. After I touch the Start button, there is a loud hum, then the cycle begins with the loud hum. But after a few moments when the cycle kicks into high speed, there’s a really quick hiccup and then the cycle hiccups again and the machine stops working. I can hear these hiccups as the machine continues to operate. Rarely does it finish its full Spin cycle and I end up with soggy laundry. The Spin light, the Door Lock light, and the Final Spin light stay on. The Start light remains blinking. After a few minutes of that, only the Door Lock light remains on. There is no tone for the finished cycle either.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought it on ‘06. WSSH300GOWW. I don’t know if that ninth digit is a zero or a capital o.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yup.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I know you said the door lock light is on but is the door actually locking?

it releases one a matter of seconds.
There’s a local parts place here. They said it’s 2 weeks to get the part. Any place you recommend that will turn the part quicker?

sorry for the delay here is the part and repair clinic ships fairly quickly. This is also the cheapest I was able to find it.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/WH10X27534/4547432?modelNumber=WSSH300G0WW​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Replaced parts###-##-####Door lock switch assembly and###-##-####Door Lock switch striker. I’m running the washer now and everything seems routine except for what sounds like a loud humming noise from maybe the drain pump. The parts are Frigidaire and are the exact same as GE parts. Got them locally for less than half the GE price. What exactly is that loud humming noise? How can I get rid of it?
The second load was not good. After the first attempt to drain the tank following the first wash the machine stopped. I trod getting the machine to spin only, but after the first slow spin (agitate) cycle, the machine stopped.

so it didn't drain or it didn't spin? Is the door locking now?

No. I just removed and visually inspected the drain pump. It looks fine-no blockages in the impeller. I’ll need to run the meter on it and see what I get. The magnetic coil is good. I also replaced the motor control board. I got more cycle activity but no call for drain. The drain pump motor was making that loud humming noise so it’s just as well I replace it tomorrow. Also the diagnostic link wasn’t what I expected. So I really couldn’t use. Not clear enough. Thanks, though.
I got about 12.6 ohms. The motor ran on a direct connection, and the motor plug pulled proper voltage. Now I’m leaning towards a new control board.

That is what it sounds like is the control board is the issue and will need to be replaced.

Is there a way to check the control board?

sa​dly no its just a process of illumination. You can look over the board for burnt spots or anything like that but even if they are not there it doesn't mean it hasn't failed.

Time for a new washer. Time and money wasted.

I am sorry this turned out to be the case. I just looked up the price on the control board and its over 300 dollars. I do understand not wanting to pursue this any further. Had the lock that wasn't locking been ordered from repair clinic they would have allowed you to return it. I am not sure where you got the lock from you did purchase but you can certainly call and see if they will return it seeing as that was not the problem. Sometimes the companies will work with you on that. Either way it was my pleasure to be of assistance with you during this period of time.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! Even when the news is not what we want to hear sadly. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.