Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kenmore elite 12793 washes poorly. Error codes are f9e4…

Customer Question
My kenmore elite 12793...

My kenmore elite 12793 washes poorly. Error codes are f9e4 f3e2 f8e1 and f6e6. Complete LED is only illuminated in the first minute of interval 10. Suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

665.12793k311 and 4 about years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am an electrician, so I can do testing and repair

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cleaned the upper and lower filters (very dirty) but couldn't locate the sump filter as was recommended on line.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Please continue. Looking forward to his input.
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Ok error codes in order you have given are .

F9-E4 diverter / lower spray arm error,

F3-E2 Thermistor shorted

F8-E1 Draining issue / slow drain

F6-E6 inlet water cool water

So in order you have given the first is the most recent the last is the first or oldest error .

So lets look at the F9 , does the lower / bottom spray arm turn freely by hand ?

And for The F3 , Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

And for the F8 have you removed the end of the drain line from the house drain system and run a cancel mode on the dishwasher to see if in fact the unit does drain with a good flow ?

And does this dishwasher drain into a garbage disposal ?

And for the F6 do you ALWAYS run the hOT water before you run the dishwasher so that the dishwasher will then fill with HOT water during its cycles ?

F9: LSA "ratchets" when turned - not free spinning. F3: I have a meter (I am an electrician), I can test for a shorted thermistor. F8: I hadn't removed the drain hose to check for good flow yet, also, there is no garbage disposal. F6: I usually do run the hot water before starting a wash cycle but probably didn't for the diagnostic test.

Ok so can you see what might be binding the LSA it may just be the spray arm motor ?

And the should read 11-13 K ohms at 140 degrees 46k - 52 k ohms as 77 degrees .

I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.