Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave has suddenly stopped. A f6 code showed which is…

Customer Question
Hi my microwave has...

Hi my microwave has suddenly stopped. A f6 code showed which is a microwave relay failure. The unit is a whirlpool model mh7140xfq.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

19 years old and that is all I have for model no.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I know it is old but we are 1 or 2 years from a kitchen remodeling so I'd like to repair this if possible.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That means you need to replace the main control board in the unit here is a link to the part the part is no longer available, it looks like it is time for a new unit sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.