Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer si9de of the refriger4ator is leaking. There is…

Customer Question
The freezer si9de of...

The freezer si9de of the refriger4ator is leaking. There is frozen water on the bottom. My wife remembers this happening before with a frozen line, but can't remember how we fixed it. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Model # is ESL 25X GRE BS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. We fixed it easiloy bewfore by thawing a line. Can't remember what loine though.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My wife noticed that the water coing from the fridge was warmer than usual.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer; then unscrew and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.