Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Monogram is not working. Model # ZEB1226sh2ss. the…

Customer Question
My GE Monogram is...

My GE Monogram is not working. Model # ZEB1226sh2ss. the panel will not light up. you can push the Cancel/Off button and it will work once and then go back off. the interior light will flicker of and on and it sounds different when it is running.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Dec 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We had a technician come out shortly after we bought it with same problem. of course when he got here he could not find anything wrong with it. we had an identical model that lasted 8 years. just frustrated that we have not had this one even two years and it is going bad.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/3/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I still need help! I am at work today so texting will work better
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The problem you are having is a control issue. Unplug it for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change?

No
the main control will need to be replaced. Did you purchase an extended warranty when you bought the refrigerator?