Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a new refrigerator that was put into service Sept.

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new refrigerator that was put into service Sept. 2017. it is a french door Model#GFE28GMKDES Serial#FH515028. For the first 5Mos. it ran very quiet. Now it has a very loud intermittent run noise. The unit starts and runs normal and after a while the noise starts. it sounds like another device running. It does keep things cold and frozen and works OK.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

As I typed on my message. It is a new unit put into service Sept 2017 It is a Model#GFE28GMKDES Serial #FH515028

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on what needs to be done. The unit is in warrenty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did you get the message as to what it is doing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does it stop if you open the doors on the refrigerator?

NO
Why should I be charged for a unit that is in warrenty.

This is an out of warranty DIY repair site. YOu would want to contact the manufacturer.