Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE profile double oven. It appears that some

Customer Question
Hi We have a...

Hi We have a GE profile double oven. It appears that some plastic has melted in the oven - not sure how it got there. How should we handle this - the residue has accumulated at the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well depends

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Let me check if I can find the invoice Give me a minute

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help you. Can you send me a picture? Can you give me the model# ***** behind the door in frame?
if plastic is in a spot you can reach, see if you can scrape off. Use plastic putty knife. If not, turn on oven to 400 450 and run it. Open windows and doors. Turn off smoke alarms. It will have to be burnt off. Make sure house well ventilated.