Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I put in a load to wash, but dishwasher didn't drain....here…

Customer Question
I put in a...

I put in a load to wash, but dishwasher didn't drain....here is still water in the bottom of the unit. Recently had dishwasher reinstalled into new cabinets, but have used it previously without any problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Kitchenaid dishwasher, Model KUDL40CVSS3 No, I haven't run a diagnostic cyle

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is a minor, easy fix, then yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't think of anything else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

When the unit should be draining can you hear the drain pump running ?

And was a new Garbage disposal installed with the new cabinets ?