Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Infinity dryer, runs for awhile then stops with the 3 dot…

Customer Question
Infinity dryer, runs...

Infinity dryer, runs for awhile then stops with the 3 dot light by the control flashing. doesn't really heat up

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Im at work so i can't look it is an infinity front load new style dryer. 4 to 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We live in the country. the closet town is maryville, mo and the two places they show for repair are VERY unreliable and expensive. are there any codes we can look for

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the model number?

no

Open the door and check the frame edge for it

Affinity dryer model faqe7073kb0. Code e4a 013. I know what e4a is. What is the 013

The 013 is not a valid code. Normally when you get the E4A code you need a new control board for the unit or the heating element is burned out. Check the heating element for continuity first and replace it if it is bad. CLICK HERE PART and CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.