Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag washer MHWE 201 YW00 started sounding like it was…

Customer Question
Maytag washer MHWE 201...

Maytag washer MHWE 201 YW00 started sounding like it was full of coins while spinning and pumping out. stopped the cycle w/ about 10 min to go. Took out clothes and restarted speed wash cycle. No noise but high water. Pumped out ok at end of cycle. Problem/suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Type 832A made in Mex in 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it needs. Can coins get in way of pump inlet and/or cause noise? Have found dimes and quarters in tub after doing kids clothes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Washer looks good. Never had problems before. How to best test problem now or do I call repairman?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. If you put the machine into rinse drain and spin will it make any noise?
Not at machine now. Tried to cycle machine through the fast wash cycle and it seemed to be ok. no noise.
On phone person to person would be better , but I would rather be in front of the machine while doing it. Can we arrange that?
How?
Just message me on here will you get home first
I will call you or message you from home. How late can it be and how can I be sure you get the credit?
Before 9