Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older energy star front load washer. I started a…

Customer Question
I have an older...

I have an older energy star front load washer. I started a load of laundry and shut it off to put something else in the load. When I shut the door the latch light was on but I started it and it wouldn't run. It was just buzzing

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's a GE model number WSXH208F0WW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm hoping to. I can't afford a tech to come out

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I unplugged it for a while, plugged it in and tried to start it to no avail

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Okay

The buzzing noise you hear is the door latch assembly failing. Even though the door is locking, the solenoid isn't moving into position so you get that loud buzzing noise. Either way, the latch needs to be replaced to resolve the issue. The part number is ***** and it's about $210. Below is a link to the part if you wanted to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for latch

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.