Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My thermador oven is not gettinghot enough. It seems like…

Customer Question
My thermador oven is...

My thermador oven is not gettinghot enough. It seems like the gas is not coming out very strong whenit is lit.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

11 years old thermador 36" gas range...ill try to find the model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can. I fixed other problems with it before.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model number is *****

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok. The oven goes on and the it sounds like the flame is flickering.

It sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If the igniter is borderline, the gas will not be steady at all or it'll cut on and off. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $110.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.