Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Put a new oven control panel in my ge range and still get…

Customer Question
Put a new oven...

Put a new oven control panel in my ge range and still get the f3 code have done all the trouble shooting and still no oven

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ge range

Contractor's Assistant: What GE model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Jbpjbp64w model # whats os mean

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the oven control panel still get f3 code have done all the trouble shooting that owners manual says and still oven don't work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, F3 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

did replace the board and there is no senor in the oven that I can see

There is a sensor. Just below the ceiling mounted to the back wall somewhere. This is how the oven senses the temperature.