Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Trying to replace a burned out bulb in my Bosch Built-In…

Customer Question
Trying to replace a...

Trying to replace a burned out bulb in my Bosch Built-In Oven, Model HBL 5351UC/01. I understand that the glass cover should be turned counter-clockwise and unscrewed. My problem is that the glass cover freely turns clockwise or counter-clockwise, but the cover is not coming off. I have seen numerous answers to questions for glass covers that won't turn or are stuck, but mine freely turns and looks very clean, but the cover will not come off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased brand new home just short of 2 years ago. So oven only 2 years old and oven has also been kept very clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if at all possible. Expected this to be simple.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to know if I am missing something or if there is some trick to get the cover off. Is it possibly that the housing is loose which won't allow the cover to unscrew. I don't see that it is, but I can't think of anything else to do. If it is the housing, how can I fix that?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, I’m ray and would be happy to help you. I looked up the diagram on your machine and it should just screw off. Do you have an extended warranty on the machine?
The threads on it might be messed up on it, you may have to break the glass cover to replaced the bulb then replace the cover. Does just the cover turn or does it look like the socket with the bulb turns also?
that is what I thought too, but seems like I could turn it all day, but it does not come loose. And like I said earlier, all the other posted problems deal with the cover sticking, but mine easily turns. I can't say for sure if the socket is turning, but I will check when I get home after work. If the socket is turning, how would that be fixed?
It would probably be easier to talk me through it, but I am at work now and won't be home till about 6:00 tonight (Eastern Time)
Ok. Just let me know. Thanks
Can't call now. It would have to be after 6 pm EST
Ok