Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave light comes on, timer counts down but no cooking…

Customer Question
Microwave light comes on...

Microwave light comes on, timer counts down but no cooking power or turn table movement

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No DFid not think of that

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I can unplug iy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No about to try it will get back to u if fails

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way?

no none found

OK is this an over the range style microwave? Is it a counter top microwave? etc...

no text
do not call
found it model no is3513585800
ccounter top

OK one moment while I type please.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave is completely different however. You will need to remove 1 screw coming in from the right and left side toward the bottom. Then remove the screws coming in from the back of the microwave along the top, right and left edges. Once all the screws are removed, the entire outer shell will pull straight back, up, and off so that you can test the switched through the right side of the microwave.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.