Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My self cleaning GE OVEN KEEPS SAYING DOOR LOCK AFTER CYCLE.

Customer Question
My self cleaning GE...

My self cleaning GE OVEN KEEPS SAYING DOOR LOCK AFTER CYCLE. It beeps. Oven still seems warm.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1994 model jkp64g0p386

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can I reset it?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sounds like the motor is running when I close the door but if I open it, it stops but the beeps starts again in about 30 seconds.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I;m Ray and would be happy to help you.. I seems like it's the computer control board shorting out and needs to be replaced.

28

on diagram

Range oven control board

Parts #: WB12K5005

$ 236.53

In Stock searspartsdirect.com

How could the “door locked” message on the panel still flash and the door beep, if a panel was fried?
That do those things all the time. Electronics do crazy things