Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Does the water run up to the filter first, then back down to…

Customer Question
OK so does the water...
OK so does the water run up to the filter first, then back down to the water tank? (and I assume from the tank a line runs internally to the water spout)And how do I get to the ice maker to replace the entire line instead of just splicing in a piece of water line?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Appliance
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 24 days ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The line goes to the valve then one line runs up to the filter #1 out of the filter down to #2 at the valve....CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have a different valve setup, two valves side by side, one goes to the ice maker and the second goes up to the filter. The line coming back from the filter is broken down by the solenoid valves and I cannot see where it is supposed to connect to the other end of the line.ALSO.....I keep asking....HOW can I get into the ice maker to run a whole complete water line from the solenoid water valve to the icemaker? I would rather do that than just splice into the line going to the ice maker.so I have two bro***** *****nes now, one to the icemaker and one from the water filter that I cannot find where to connect it.

You need to remove the valve then you will see where to connect it to. You would have to remove the water line from the valve and from the trough connection that goes through the wall liner and run a new line. You need to remove the valve from the unit and then you can access the lines to connect and disconnect all of this.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
On the solenoid valve, one line goes to the ice maker and the other line goes along the very bottom of the chassis and I assume that goes into the tank; then there is another line which I assume comes back from the tank that goes up to the filter, then the line that comes back down from the filter runs down to the corner where the solenoid valves are. Where in this area does this line connect to some place so that it goes up to the water spout? I have looked all over the area and behind the solenoid valves and cannot see a loose line to connect to.ALSO.....what about my question about replacing the line to the ice maker, please?

Let me see if another tech can assist I think we are on two different pages on this issue, please standby for another tech.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
is anyone there??
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Good morning.....anyone there to answer my previous questions?
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 19 days ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi I will try to help you. An you give me the make and model#?
applianceguy
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service