Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a cooktop that the elements will no longer power up.

Customer Question
I have a cooktop...

I have a cooktop that the elements will no longer power up. I have confirmed power at the connections and the breaker

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes I disconnected all power to verify power was not an issue and power is 100% to the cooktop

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have done troubleshooting as far as I can go, there is an issue with the appliance it self. the applicance is less than a year old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a fuse internal to the cooktops?

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 22 days ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If none of the elements power up you need to check the power to the cooktop make sure you have 240 volts to the unit, it would be odd that no elements work if you have 240 volts to the unit. If you have the model and make I will double check, but typically there are no fuses that would stop all burners from working.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
It was working fine up until yesterday. its w5ce3024xb00 serial- d72904903
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
whirlpool 30" cooktop

I checked the wiring this would have to be a power issue to the unit or a burned wire from the power to the unit.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
did you received the serial and model #'s

Yes and I checked the wiring diagram, nothing could cause your issue other than a power issue to the unit or possibly a burned wire inside the unit.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
What next? The cooktop was workong fine since I installed it 8/1
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have had no power surges to cause this.

You have to check the power to the unit with a volt meter check where the wire nuts are connected to the junction box I would say it could be a loose wire nut or bad connection there.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I did check that, I even removed the 50amp breaker and reseated it to make sure it was making contact. I tested for power at the breaker and at the tie in at the junction box I have plenty of power.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I check for power at the appliance and both power sources were at the appliace and there is power, its just not getting to the elements, so there is something wrong intrnally.

Do either element indicator or hot surface light come on?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
None of the indicators power up.

The you would have some wiring inside bad to the unit if you are certain all power is good to the wires from the unit to the junction box there is nothing else that can cause that issue.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Next steps? Call for service?

Yes if it is under warranty call for service. I am not sure what else to tell you this is 100% a power issue or a burned power connection in the unit.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thanks again

No problem Happy Easter

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician