Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana top loading clothes washer with a locked…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana top loading clothes washer with a locked lid. Pressing the cancel button for three seconds does not release it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a couple years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is that possible?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The water supply was shut off but I think the washing cycles finished before that happened.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help. Have you tried unplugging unit for two min.
If that does not work, turn water back on and try starting a new cycle. Let me know what happens.