Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I removed my frigidaire oven door and the hinges retracted…

Customer Question
I removed my frigidaire...

I removed my frigidaire oven door and the hinges retracted back to door. now I cannot rehang the door. how do I get the inges back in position so I can hang on hingpins

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just bought it last year so probably a 2016 model Frigidaire gallery

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really I think the hinge is basilly in the closed position and not at the 10 deg. postion as it should be

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. You need to use a pair of pliers or channel locks. Grab hinge and pull it open. Once it is open, there is a locking tab you have to pull down to lock hinge in place.
Watch you don’t get fingers pinched in hinge.
Pull it straight out or on hinge path
Hinge path. Down.
Like door was being opened.
I get it to the first click but it just snaps back
You have to push down the door lock once you get hinge open. The
Lock will keep it in place.
This video shows how to remove the door. You will need to open the hinge. Then move the lock in place. It won’t be easy. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=20Ft8InKB1U
Got it. Thank you
You are welcome. Glad to hear it.
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.