Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Centennial MVWC6ESWW

Customer Question
Maytag Centennial MVWC6ESWW
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

______________________________________________________________

Request:

What is the issue you have with your washer?

When the setting is selected, the drum does not fill will water - a trickle at best and then the water cuts off. The hoses and the inlet screens for both cold and hot water are clear. This is a Maytag Centennial MWMVWC6ESWW that was purchased in 2009. If an easy fix, I'll do it; electronics, call a repair tech; cost prohibitive, replace. Your input will be appreciated.
I'm looking for a first blush: easy, complicated or best to invest in a new model.

The most common problem you had on those washer is the water level control.

It is called the load control and it controls the water temp and flow into the washer.

I think if you replace that control the machine will work fine and if it works, you will be much happier than if you purchase one of the new pieces of junk washers.

Here is the part number W10177795

It is located up in the console and hose a plastic tube attached to it.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Don

Did you have any other questions for me on your washer or are we good?