Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Happy Easter. Having issues with my oven starting in my

Customer Question
Happy Easter. Having issues...

Happy Easter. Having issues with my oven starting in my WHirlpool gas range. Model # WEG730H0DS0.. The cooktop works just fine. THe broil works just fine. The ignitor sparks in the oven but the oven don't lite.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 2 1/2 years old. WEG730H0DS0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You tell me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Remove the bottom plate in the oven and the burner manifold plate. Get to the electrode and clean it with a wire brush or fine sand paper. The spark is not jumping across the tip. There is a small tip on the shield around the electrode rod if it does not jump across there it will not light. Clean it and try it and it should work for today then replace the electrode. Part link below

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

It Is sparking just fine. I lack gas. The forward half of the burner I can light It will burn for 3 or 4 seconds and go out. I have no gas to the rear section of the burner tube for the ignitor to ignite.

Then the gas valve would be bad on the unit and would need to be replaced or the orifice for the manifold could be partially plugged up.

OK, so how do I test the gas valve? As far as gas valve are you taking about the regulator?

Do you have a volt meter and do you know how to use it?

Disconnect the two wires to the valve and check across the valve terminals for continuity.