Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced water filter in my ge refrigerator and now the…

Customer Question
I replaced water filter...

I replaced water filter in my ge refrigerator and now the water dispenser on the front door will not work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Attica.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

KPSC2NStC

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

All I did was replace water filter

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you put the old filter back in and try it?

He’s doing it now

ok

No it does nit
Does it work right away
Drips of water with old one in

The filter head has likely plugged up. There are check valves in the filer head and a gran of charcoal could be stuck in one plugging it and stopping all water flow. If it worked just before changing it that is typically what happens. You can try a small screwdriver and push on the check valves to clear them if they do not the head has to be changed out for the filter. This happens a lot if you had a filter with a couple grains of charcoal in it floating around they push out and clog the small check valve ports on the fllter head.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

That did not work
K
That did not work

Then you would need a new filter head for the refrigerator.