Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Frigidaire washer vibrates and moves during spin cycle

Customer Question
Frigidaire washer vibrates and...

Frigidaire washer vibrates and moves during spin cycle regardless of load size.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2017, Fffs5115pa

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on what’s required

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

All I ask is that you rate my help as positive for JA before you log off using the Rating System with 3-5 Stars. If you should still need help , rating will lock you in at no additional cost should you need it.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

Thanks

Your machine is pretty new to be giving you this kind of problem. Is it less than a year old, as it would still be under your factory warranty from Frigidiaire.

You may have a mechanical problem with the washer, but more often then not, the problem has to do with the machine sitting on the floor solidly, with no rocking.

Many times the installers just set up up and never tighten the lock nuts on the legs.

You need to check that that none of the legs are extended more than 1 " from the bottom of the washer unless your floor is extremely sloped.

Then make sure once the machine is solid stable, use a small wrench to run the lock nuts up the legs and tighten against the bottom of the washer.

You can let me know if that helps.

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don