Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE refrigerator with water and ice thru the door.

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE refrigerator with water and ice thru the door. They are not working. The light in side the refrigerator does work. We have checked the electric and circuit breaker. Any other ideas

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 15 years old Model PS26NGPB-WW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I do not know

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK often the tube freezes in the door liner. Open the doors and remove the kick grill you will see the dispenser tube out of the door hinge. It goes to a quick disconnect, disconnect it there and then briefly press the dispenser. If water shoots out of that tube the line is frozen in the door. If that is the case set the freezer to +8 and the refrigerator to 40 for 1 day and it should work fine again. If water does not come out of that tube when you press the dispenser the water valve is likely bad.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.