Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 48" DCS range/over - 12" proof oven on one side and…

Customer Question
I have a 48"...

I have a 48" DCS range/over - 12" proof oven on one side and 27" self-cleaning oven on the other side. I baked in the 12" oven and have build-up that needs to be cleaned. The self-clean side cleans beautifully. What can I use on the proof oven?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 23 years old, make is DCS not sure of model number Have manual for cleaning, but doesn't say how to clean burnt on mess in proof oven

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I was

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cleaning the inside of the window - was going to use baking soda and make a paste - let sit for 15 minutes and then wipe down

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Scrape everything out you can with a razor blade scraper...then Baking Soda in a paste form will work just do not get it in the cracks or on the gasket. Let it sit and wipe it down. You can also use COMET in a paste to clean it the same way. It works really good.

Happy Easter!....All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks - appreciate it. Happy Easter!

You too!

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician